Saturday, January 20, 2018

You are made Whole

Between Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat, it's easy to let comparison get the best of you. We see the very best things people decide to post. Nobody posts pictures of the nights they  lay awake wondering about their futures. We don't see the tears shed to songs that always touch our hearts. 

We all have things we don't show the world. The thing is we can't compare our private lives to the ones we see on social media. It's never the same. This comparison is not what we are called for.

You have been made whole by the Creator of the world and that is enough. 

When you feel like a failure or not good enough, remember this. Nothing, not a boy, a friend, or anything else can separate you from Christ. He has given you a new life and a new hope. Hope that is not of this world. When someone makes you feel like you aren't enough for them, show them their approval is not required. Jesus has made you whole. Show them love and mercy and grace, but do not let them make you feel inferior. 


I spent years comparing myself to the girls in my life. This does not mean that comparison has stopped. I realized the problems I can't seem to solve require more help than I can give. Problems like this need God. I am not meant to solve them. I must learn to surrender. That is the lesson I've been learning. My problems, whatever they are, are not too big for God.

This year of college has been harder than I ever expected. I can't stress to you all the importance of surrounding yourself with uplifting people. People who let you cry your heart out without trying to stop you. People who order your birthday present two months before your birthday. While this semester has been difficult, I have learned so many lessons. These things give me new reasons to rebuild old relationships and add value to the ones I already have.


I have the extraordinary opportunity to share my heart with you all and that is something I cherish. We share the same problems. I don't always have the answers but my God does. My hope is that I can learn to surrender. I'm learning that I can't do it without Him, no matter how much I think I can. I hope I can be used to help you all too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers