Saturday, August 19, 2017

Off to College... again

It doesn't seem like I should be in my second year of college already, but alas, here I sit typing this post for you all in my new dorm. Freshman year was the biggest learning experience of my life. Not only did I have to go to class, but I had to learn how to live on my own. I had to make friends and talk to professors about assignments and go to practice everyday. It was not all fun and there were some times I wanted nothing more than to go home and see my mom. Looking back now, I'm so glad that I didn't. I learned so much about myself and how I was being taught and what things I need to improve on. College is learning in and out of the classroom. 

One of the most liberating things I learned was, it is okay not to know the answer. This is in class and life. I know now that God was preparing me for greater things than I couldn't see and everything I learned was something I would need later. 

I moved all of my stuff in about two weeks early this year because I was on campus early for a Leadership Conference. It was the most exhausting but truly wonderful three days. We had so much to do everyday and the speakers were great. It was a wonderful journey that I can't wait to enjoy. 

During this, a few things stuck out to me. "People are messy and life is messy." This is something I have to remember when I don't want to forgive and forget. "Leave room in your life to be lead by the Holy Spirit." This is the phrase that reminds me that God is not done in my life yet. "Where ever you are, be all there." This reminds me that I need to be all in with the work I'm doing, whatever that may be. 


For all of you who are just starting school, I have a few pointers:
1. Spend equals amounts of time studying as you do getting to know your friends. 
2. Make friends from other countries. 
3. Get sleep, the test isn't that important. 
4. Call you parents. They miss you, trust me.  

I hope if any of you are starting college or will be soon, that you remember to soak in the learning. I will be praying for those of you who are off to school. If you have any questions about school, just let me know! I will try my best to answer them. I want to make another post just about my dorm things because I found some awesome stuff. 

Remember, you are enough. Lots of love,
Emily

1 comment:

  1. Good article. Miss you already. And I want to see new diem stuff

    ReplyDelete

Followers