Sunday, October 29, 2017

A work in progress

We aren't who we used to be and maybe that's okay, maybe it's even good.

It's been a while since I have felt like writing a post and even now I don't feel like I know just how to get the words out. I can't find my way back to the path I was on, but I'm trying.

I have struggled this semester with so many things I never would have predicted. Friends that fall, boys that play, and classes that are overwhelming.

One of of my friends asked me before break, "why are you doing this Emily?" Why am I at college? Why am I playing golf? Why am I on the path I'm on? I have to admit, when he asked I did not have an answer. The more I thought about it, the less I knew. To fill you guys in, I have missed the cut for every tournament this fall and it has been extremely discouraging to not be able to fix it. Golf is something very important to me and it usually relieves a lot of stress. This semester, that has not been the case.

I spent fall break trying to sort these stresses out. My golf game in shambles, my grades not great, and my friends at war with me and each other. I never would have thought this is how the year would pan out. I answered my friend's question though. Golf is something I love but it does not define. School is growing me and preparing me. I haven't made time for the Kingdom. I have become more caught up in the temporary things than with the Kingdom things. I have placed my joy in the hands of acceptance, friends, followers, likes, money, and even golf. I have stepped off the path. God is still there. He never left. At the end of the day, I am a child of the King and that is something I need not forget.

My hope is those of you reading this who have been feeling the same way know you're not alone. We all stray and step off the path. This doesn't mean we can't go back. We can return to where we need to be. I hope that you find your way back to the path God has laid out for you. Just know, if you aren't happy where you are you can always make a change. My prayers are with you all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers